Why join NCPP?
There is value far beyond this list of reasons to become an NCPP member. It is the opportunity to spend time with your peers sharing ideas and experiences, learning from and teaching each other.
• Attend monthly meetings for free.
• Outstanding speakers.
• Image Critiques and Competition to raise the level of your photography.
- Critique images are reviewed by a panel of NCPP judges.
- Competition images are judged by a panel of accomplished, usually Master, photographers.
- PPA type scoring range 70 to 100 and comments about the image from the judges.
- Awards for each category and Best in Show.
- This is an excellent way to help you grow your craft.
• Discounts for attending Night School.
• Discounts for NCPP sponsored Workshops.
• Free online Yahoo group: help, job requests, job opportunities from our membership.
• Interaction and friendships with many top professional photographers.
• A community of photographers you can reach out to when you need help.
• Access to support in earning Certification and Photography Degrees.
• Collaboration with the Professional Photographers of America and the Professional Photographers of California.
1. Advertisement 0n the NCPP Website.
2. Display of products and services at meetings.
3. Recommendations to members to use their service…taking notice of discounts offered.
4. Membership advantages…attending meetings and seeing speakers at no cost.
5. Business networking while at meetings.
I was so moved by all of you who came to see me speak last night. I really looked around the room and many of you were active members when I joined NCPP. It meant so much to me to see you there! I want to acknowledge something that occurred to me today. I am a testiment to the raison d’etre of NCPP. Nine years ago I was the new person in the room. I am reading the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. He says that personal success is as much your support and surroundings as it is hard work and talent. I owe a LOT of my success to my friends at NCPP. You who gave your time to teach and mentor and encourage and push and talk me into joining the board and electing me president. And who continue to encourage and push and have confidence in my potential! What a great great resource we are in that we have that in each other!
People, this is why we have NCPP!!! Malcolm Gladwell is on to something! This community is something we need to fight for.
Please renew your memberships!!! Please come to the meetings! Please volunteer and get to know your fellow photographers. Make friends.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Really.
Laura –Laura Cottril Photography, CPP